Best NLP program
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Gustav Jung
In Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), meta-programs are the keys to the way you process information. They’re basically how you form your internal representations and direct your behavior.
In Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement, Tony Robbins writes about meta-programs that people use to sort and make sense of the world.
Key Take Aways
Here are my key take aways:
- Use meta-programs to understand yourself and others. Meta-programs helps you understand how people sort and make sense of the world. They also help you understand your own values, beliefs and behaviors.
- Remember that people use a blend of meta-programs. It’s not this or that, it’s a spectrum of possibilities. It’s a tool for understanding how or why people behave and adapting your own behaviors to improve communication. They aren’t a tool for stereo-typing or pigeon-holing.
- Change your own limiting meta-programs. If you have a way of processing the world that’s limiting your success, find a way to consciously adapt. Identifying your own meta-programs you use is a start. Once you have awareness, you can see how this shows up.
Ultimately, I think knowing how people work, helps bridge gaps. It can also lead you to self-understanding and the better you know yourself, the better you can drive yourself.
- Toward or Away
- External or Internal Frame of Reference
- Sorting By Self or Sorting by Others
- Matcher or Mismatcher
- Convincer Strategy
- Possibility vs. Necessity
- Independent, Cooperative and Proximity Working Styles